Friday, August 22, 2008

Free Book Friday -Flowers for Algernon





I read Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes last year. I can't tell you how much I loved this book. It's about a retarded man who has an operation to improve his intelligence. The book is written in the form of his diary, so you get to see the progression of his intelligence through his writing. Even though I can usually count the number of books I read in a year on one hand, I quickly became attached to this book and finished it in a couple days. I highly recommend you try it out.

As I mentioned yesterday, my next Get Organized project is our bookcase. I cleaned up some of the bookcase yesterday and came up with a stack of books that I've already read and don't need to keep around anymore. I thought it might be fun to have giveaways for these books. So, if you want this book for free, leave me a comment letting me know that you want it. Next Friday, I will post the randomly selected person, at which point you'll have to email me your address and I'll ship it right off. And since only four people read this blog, you're chances are good :)

6 comments:

Kainoa said...

I heard about that book a while ago and would like to read it! It's quite a touching book is'nt it. I am glad you are getting things done and you can enjoy all your new clean areas!

Kainoa said...

I'm diggin the 25% odds of winning! Does being your sister-in-law get me double names in the hat?

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this book is so good. You'll love it! And it must be an easy read because when Josef was living with us, he was required to read an abridged version of it (he's was in the 8th grade). But really, he didn't get out of it what I did.

Well, seeing that you're the only one who wants the book... sure! you can have double names! :)

Kainoa said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy. Hey I wanted to tell you I am making your apricot dijon chicken for dinner and I am excited to post a picture of it!

Johanna said...

Well, now, Kainoa isn't the only one who reads this blog or reads books!! It looks like an interesting read, and I'd love a chance to read it. I could even pass it on when I was done!

I made your appricot chicken last night and ate lefovers for lunch today. It is really good!

Anonymous said...

Oh I read this book in high school, and LOVED It! I seriously don't remember much, except that I loved it though! LOL So it would be REALLY cool to win. But if you pick your sil, I totally understand, because hey, she's family ;) hehe Plus I can always check it out of the library! :)