Monday, June 15, 2009

Feeling It

Although I've been really useful during the day lately, I find that the nights are getting more difficult. Yesterday, I helped Shane wash the truck and van, did some laundry, went grocery shopping (but without Caleb, so it was more like a mini vacation), made dinner (ham, real mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, biscuits), and cut Shane and Caleb's hair. But, then the night came. And I lay on the couch feeling like I was crippled. It seemed that everything in the lower half of my body was giving up on me. My lower back felt too weak to help maneuver the big belly around, my hip joints ached, my leg muscles felt as if I'd ran a marathon and my feet were hot and puffy. I even had cramps in my calf muscles in the middle of the night. And when I got up to use the bathroom, I felt like an old lady, often veering off-course into my dresser because my muscles weren't working as expected.

But, now that it's morning, I feel good again. I am so grateful for this.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yup, you're in the throes of it. Ohhhh I am so excited!