Friday, May 21, 2010

Another Update

The OB:
The ladies at my OB office finally got things straight. The nurse said "I talked to Dr. Laughlin and she said you need the 20-week ultrasound where they take tons of measurements of the baby" (or something like that) and I said "Uh-huh... (exactly what I tried to tell you guys about 20 times!!!)" And then I said "So why was the other lady trying to have me do genetic testing? I never said anything about genetic testing?? She didn't even want to listen to me!!" (I was still not over the other day) And she said "Yeah, sorry about that, blah, blah, blah..."

And my appointment is on June 2! Boy or girl?

The House
The appraiser was supposed to have gone to the house yesterday and we should be hearing back today or tomorrow. In case I forgot to explain, if it doesn't appraise for what we are paying, we have to cover the difference in cash, which we don't have. This is because it's a VA loan and that's how they do things.

The Bench
My dad came to visit last weekend and cut the last two screws (or bolts or whatever they were) with his electric thingamabob that cuts metal. And then he asked me some silly questions like "What the heck are you doing?" and "What's your plan?". And I answered quite confidently "I don't know. I'm just winging it!"

And so as any good father who knows what he's actually doing would do, he took the bench home and will fix it all up for me. But, I did feel a bit defeated and I think he felt sorry for me so he's going to let me stain the wood. I'll post some pictures once I get it back.

Yesterday
Was a great day!! Shane took the day off so he could take Caleb to get his shots so we can register him to kindergarten and then take him to the dentist. So, I got about 2 hours all to myself!

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look for canning stuff since I want to start doing that. They only sell the stuff online though. Then I went to Michael's and browsed around and only spent $20. And then I went to Borders and found a book on canning that I liked.

One of the ladies from my bible study showed me and another lady how to can on Monday. She did strawberries and it was so easy. I think canning is one of those things that seems so difficult only until you actually do it.

Unfortunately, like everything else crafty, the supplies are expensive. I'm trying to shop around but it's hard to find stuff here in Monterey since it's not very metropolitan.

Shane thinks I should wait until we move to the new house, but it's hard for me to wait when I find something new to learn.

2 comments:

Rebecca Facas said...

Canning huh? My mom can's all sorts of stuff, ketchup, salsa, green beans, jam, apple sauce......the list could go on forever. She always looks at flea-markets for her jars! And finds them just about everywhere for super cheap. I'm not sure how the flea markets are out there, but its a thought!

PS...I got the hand mixer today! I'm going to have to figure out what to make with it!

Anonymous said...

Canning is good :)

OBs whose staff listen are good too. Hard to find in this area as well. I have had to deal with some pretty unreasonably obstinately stupid people masquerading as office staff in my time!!!!