Friday, March 27, 2009

Moda Strawberry Lemonade Quilt



Here's my latest project using Moda's Strawberry Lemonade line. It's on hold for now because I need fabric for the border, backing and binding. I won't be able to make it out to the quilt shop until next weekend, so I'll have to find something else to work on in the meantime. I'm thinking that I will put a border around each square instead of sewing them all together. But that will depend on if I can find a fabric that I like for that. There isn't much a selection of this fabric line on Etsy or eBay anymore.

I happened to read Oh! Fransson's post about open seams shortly after I started the quilt and so decided to try it out. I love it! It really does make the pieces lie more flat and makes piecing more accurate. Although, I wouldn't say my pieces are accurate. I did a sloppy job of cutting the pieces out, so it's a bit messy.

I had some extra pieces, so I decided to make a matching doll quilt. Cute, eh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Green border would unite the colors and be a complement to the red strawberries. Do you have more blue/strawberry fabris for the 6" border after the green frames?

Joanna said...

I totally love it! It's so cute!

Kainoa said...

Wow you are really getting into this quilting! I love the colors of this quilt too! The strawberries are so great for a girl! that is too cute to make a dolls quilt while you are at it =)

Johanna said...

Very cute! You must spend a lot of time sewing lately!