Friday, June 12, 2009

Finished Knitting Projects - Petersburg and Elly



Here is Petersburg from Rowan Magazine 42. I wasn't very adventurous with this one, using the exact yarn and color that was used in the magazine. I just liked it the way it is! I made a somewhat big mistake on this though. You probably can't tell from the picture, but the hole for the belt on the right side (sweater's right) is lower than it should be. I added length to the bottom and I guess I got confused about when to start the hole. Since I can't wear it right now though, I'm not going to worry about how to fix it. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



My first knitted item for Ana! It's a good thing I'm having a girl because I've somehow collected a lot of pink and purple yarn. There is actually supposed to be crochet edging on the sleeves also, but they are already so long that I don't want to add anymore length. There is also a crocheted flower, but I don't want to bother with that right now. I think it looks fine the way it is. I think we will be using this a lot since it is so cool here. And I learned with Caleb that cardigans are so much more practical for little kids rather than pull-over sweaters. The pattern is Elly from RYC's Classic Babies.



The project that I'm working on now is from Baby Knits by Lois Daykin. The bear suit on the cover is what I'm making, but in orange, not blue. I hope this comes out well. The legs are so very wide and it makes me a bit nervous.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Petersburg looks great. I love the little cardigan you made for your new baby too, very pretty. I am sure the legs will be fine in the teddy suit, just wait until it is all seamed together!

Johanna said...

Those look great! I hope to be able to knit as well as you someday!

Joanna said...

Wow!! It's just so hard to imagine making those things. They are so beautiful. I am definitely not a knitter. I'm too much interested in getting it done "NOW NOW NOW NOW!"

Rebecca Facas said...

Every time I see your knitting work, I get inspired to knit myself. However, I don't think "quality" knitting is in my blood. Everything you do looks amazing, I don't know how you do it.

Kainoa said...

You do such beautiful knitting, you belong on the cover of a book. I love the sweater for you and Ana they are equally beautiful! can't wait to see them in person!