Monday, July 13, 2009

The Honeymoon is Over!



Remember when I made it sound like Ana was a really easy going baby? And I had her all figured out? Well... never mind.

She is really great during car rides and when we're out and she's riding in the Sleepy Wrap. But, when we're home? Totally different baby. When we're out and about, she's okay with eating every three hours. But, when we're home, she insists on grazing. Meaning she'll eat on one side and take a little 5 minute cat nap and then wants to eat again... very slowly. For example, Shane got me up at 8 am this morning and I spent 2 hours feeding her. I fed her a total of four times. Later, Caleb and I went shopping and when we came back, it took me three hours to get her to quiet down and go to sleep. The majority of that time was spent feeding her. I did let her sit there and cry a few times because I had stuff to do. Like make lunch for Caleb, do laundry and eat some lunch myself. She's reminding me of Caleb. High maintenance. It's mostly frustrating for me because it really is a struggle to take care of myself. Even more so than with Caleb because when I do have a moment, I have to first tend to him and then my chores and then what ever time I have left after that (if there is any), I get to do stuff for me. And I'm not talking about painting my nails. I'm talking about eating food!

I did manage to get her to go to sleep this time by putting her down in her bassinet in our bedroom, which is dark. I have been putting her down in a swing chair in the living room. So, I'm hoping she just likes it dark and quiet and I'll be able to get her to quiet down this way in the future.

Caleb is being really good about all of this. Here he is trying to "shush" her. It didn't really work this time. It's pretty funny though that Caleb has taken to saying "Ana is hungry!" every time she cries.

No comments: