Saturday, January 2, 2010

Caleb's First Sleepover (Disaster)

Shane said I'm wrong for writing about this here. And maybe I am. But, isn't that what blogs are for?

Caleb made friends with the little boy across the street and asked if he could sleepover tonight. We're really happy that Caleb has a friend to play with, so we said "Sure!".

We fed them chicken nuggets for dinner and they played Wii and then they played in Caleb's room. Shane and I started playing on the Wii when Caleb had some loose stools. I know. TMI. But, it's important to the story. Believe me, it gets worse. Much worse.

Caleb's friend was watching me play Wii while he waited for Caleb and Shane to finish up in the bathroom. I smelled something really bad. I asked him if he had gas. He kept saying that he didn't.

Eventually, he confessed that he had some loose stools too and he had a little accident. So, we sent him home to get cleaned up. He came back, although in hindsight, I don't know why we didn't just make him go home for good.

We kept smelling the bad stuff though. The boys were both watching Shane and I play Wii, when Shane said "What's that stuff on your leg?"

"Oh. That. That's poop."

Excuse me?

That's right. So, we sent him home for good at that point. And I am so upset at myself for not having a can of Lysol in the house. I scoured the house with baby wipes and cleaning wipes, looking for anything he might have contaminated and wiping everything I know he came in contact with. Unfortunately, I actually found some on Caleb's carpet in his room.

EEEWWWWWWW!!!!

If you're horrified, imagine how I must be feeling!!! It's MY house!!

Anyway, I think I'll stop writing now and go get some Lysol...

4 comments:

Kainoa said...

OMG that is GROSS!!!! What the heck happened? I kiind of feel bad for the kid and for you both too! I needed a good laugh though Didn't the kids parents come over or say anything to you? Poor Caleb must have been kind of bummed out. How much Lysol did you end up buying?

Johanna said...

Ewwww! I'm so sorry you had that experience.

Unknown said...

The parents didn't say anything cause Shane cleaned him up and didn't say anything to them about it. Because... it was so dried up that we actually think the kid might have been telling the truth when he said it was there from the day before. So, we don't think they would have been so grossed out as we were. I mean, how could that happen??? Anyway, don't even want to go there.

But, Caleb will only be having sleep overs with Linda's girls for now.

Anonymous said...

His parents should have kept him home when you sent him home with that problem!!!!

We have had many disastrous sleepovers over the years... haha

Many of them involved gross bodily functions, too ;)