Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Few Open Houses

Our lease is up in May, but we've been going to open houses for a few months now so we can get a feel for the neighborhoods and get a better idea of what a good deal is. We went to two open houses today, one in Pacific Grove and one in Carmel.

We looked at this cute house in PG. It's out of price range (by quite a lot, but then again, everything is), but we really liked it so we're going to keep an eye on it and hope by some miracle we might have a chance of getting it. But, we don't even have a realtor yet, so we'll see. Anyway, it's pretty big for Monterey standards, 1500 square feet, plus a 900 square foot studio in the back yard.

The front. Cute, eh? Love that it's only one story. I'd be a happy woman if I never ever ever have to vacuum stairs again.

The studio in the back yard. It used to be the garage. You can see a bit of how much plant life is in the back yard. I really love this because it reminds me of my grandparents house when I was growing up.

The very small flat yard area. There's also a nice little patio area for entertaining and a few water fountains. Very relaxing.


The living room. Unfortunately, this is the only area of the house that looks modern. The rest of it is outdated, but at least it's got plenty of charm :)

We have our heart set on Pacific Grove, but we also looked at this house in Carmel cause we want to make sure and check everything out. Carmel is beautiful, but it's a bit too hoity-toity for us. PG is more our style. Plus, look at that mountain in the back of the house!! It's a very big spacious house, but good grief! No yard!





2 comments:

Kainoa said...

OMG Looks like like fun...I love the little yard and that the house in one story and also a bit on the big side for PG standards! Looks like you have your work cut out for you with finding a house. I hope things work out for you all and we are so happy for you no matter what you find, the right thing will come along! Nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, big houses!! haha

I love the first one :) One story would get me. I hate the stairs, I hate having a basement. I hate that I have to go to the basement to do laundry.

I would always say go for a one story house!!! :D