Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby #3

Shane felt the baby move for the first time last night! This baby is going to be a handful, I can already tell. He/she is so active already and Shane was surprised at how hard of a kick it was. And only 17 weeks old!

I forgot to mention my prenatal appointment I had a few days ago. She couldn't find the heartbeat with the hand monitor, so she had to use the ultrasound. That worried me a little but she said it happens if the baby is hiding, which it is. It is hanging really low. This makes it very uncomfortable for me to stand for long periods of time.

The only thing we really talked about is my weight. At this point in Ana's pregnancy I had gained 11 pounds and weighed 5.5 pounds more than I do now. I've only gained 3.5 pounds. She said it's nothing to worry about, the baby seems to be growing fine and it's me that hasn't gained the weight, not the baby. I find it kind of strange though since I've been eating a lot. I actually do want to gain much more weight since I have a tendency to forget about eating after the baby is born. I gotta have some fat stored up to make milk.

Anyway, I've got lots of time to gain more weight, but it's something I'm trying to be aware of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think I have ever wanted to gain weight. Of course I have always had an abundance of it. ;)

I am so glad you are feeling baby number 3 kicking. I LOVE THAT! ♥