Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I love my OB. But, I'm not sure I love her enough to put up with her incompetent staff. When I saw her last week she told me to call the receptionist to have them order a 20-week ultrasound appointment at another facility.

After figuring out what day and time is good for Shane's schedule, I called last Friday. After being on hold for about 10 minutes, I hung up because I was on my way out of the house. I tried again yesterday, but had to leave a message and no one called me back. So, today I actually stopped by the office to make the appointment in person.

The nurse was telling me some things that confused me because that isn't what my OB said. Like how they only had appointments on Monday. I said "I'm confused." and she said "There's no confusion. That's how it's done." She wasn't very friendly. After telling her several times that what she was telling me didn't sound right, she handed me a brochure and medical form I was to hand to the people at the other facility.

I noticed on the form that it said at the top "Week 15 through 20". So, I said "This has to be done before 20 weeks?" She said "Yes."

On the way home, I got so upset about how I was treated. I read through the brochure and medical form and realized she gave me stuff for a second trimester genetic blood test!!! Never once did the word "genetic" come out of my mouth. I was so mad, I started crying.

I called back and talked to another nurse. My doctor isn't working today, so she's going to talk to her tomorrow to find out exactly what I need since I'm confused about it. And then I said "No. I'm not confused about what I need. I'm confused about why it's so difficult to get it done."

So, if they don't call me back tomorrow, or don't get this figured out, I'll be changing OBs.

Ridiculous. They really should know better than to do this to a pregnant woman.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

Unknown said...

DONT TELL ME ITS KAISER........IF IT IS MAY PEACE BE WITH YOU SISTER!