Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1

of my resite that is. I feel kinda weird calling it a vaca since I'm not spending this time with my husband and kids.

Anyway, it was horrible sending them off at the airport. I cried.

Then I headed up to my mom's house, a 1.5 hour drive. I couldn't believe how tired I was, at 10:30am. I really had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I knew I had been tired, but I think that the presence of the kdis and having to care for them masked some of my tiredness.

So, five minutes after arriving at my mom's, I took a nap. Then we went to Joann's and then back home and took another nap. That's right. I'm starting this off the right way, with TWO naps!

Also got to read some, I started Count of Monte Cristo.

Talked to Shane a little while ago and they arrived safely. Caleb was good, Ana was a bit of a handful, but nothing a dumdum lollipop couldn't cure. Man. I know that all the rest I will have over the next week and a half will be so good for me, but I really miss them.

1 comment:

Rebecca Facas said...

Oh how I envy you right now! Monty is teething, Matt and Jacob are always rowdy and all I want is some quiet!

Take a nap for me please! Enjoy your vacation because soon it will be all crazy again! And it is okay to call it a vacation.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I love love love the name Charlotte!