Friday, July 2, 2010

24 Week Belly Pic




There it is. Getting big. I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions. Probably because I was overdoing it with the move because it's calmed down quite a bit in the last few days. I'm so glad we had help moving, otherwise I might really have hurt myself.

The insomnia is getting more frequent. Happens a couple times a week now. But I think it's severely aggravated by my allergies, which seem to be much worse now that we live in a forest. I wake up a lot because I can't breathe through my nose or because I need to sneeze eight times in a row.

Other than that, Charlotte seems to have calmed down quite a bit. She still moves around a lot, but it's not so spastic. Maybe I was allowing my preconception about her being a boy to influence my thoughts on her earlier movements. She seems to be very sleepy in the morning because I don't feel her moving much.

I've been really tired lately. I probably keep saying this. But it's truer than with the other pregnancies. Insomnia, no naps and having a five year old boy to entertain is a recipe for exhaustion. I pretty much find something every day to get overwhelmed and cry about.

The good thing is that just as I'm about to lose my mind, Shane and the kids will be going to So. Carolina to visit his family in just four days. Shane and Ana will be gone for 10 days and Caleb will be gone for almost a month. I'm trying to not feel bad about how excited I am about this. I mean, I love them and all, but a girl needs a break once in a while. Since I have to start my little respite off by dropping them all off at the San Francisco airport, I thought I would just keep driving north and visit my mom for a few days. I can't remember the last time I got to hang out with my mom sans kids. We'll go watch a movie! Visit fabric shops and Joanns! Go shopping at Ikea and the Folsom Outlet Mall! Sew! Knit! Read! Take naps!!!! Woohoo!!

So again, I'm trying to not feel bad that I'm SO excited to be without the people I love the most. We'll see how excited I am when I leave them at the airport.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You look great!!! I have more to say but I have to go back to bed.