Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 7

First thing I did was go to a prenatal appointment. I'm 26 weeks along now. I've gained some weight and I'm right about where I was with Ana at this stage. We listened to the heart beat and I commented about how she was really moving around. And the doctor said that her heart rate was really strong. She said she thinks Charlotte will be a tomboy. Her movements have been getting very strong. I've often thought about how crazy it is that she's probably only 1.5 pounds right now, cause it feel like she's full grown sometimes. But, she's still very still in the mornings. It's funny how it seems like she's already on a schedule.

I've been thinking about Charlotte a lot this week and maybe it's because I miss Shane, Caleb and Ana so much or maybe it's because I actually have time to think about her. I'm so anxious to have her and it kills me that I still have 14 weeks to go. Not that I'm uncomfortable or anything. I just can't wait to hold her and smell her and see what she looks like. *sigh*



As for being productive, I'm not feeling like I'm getting much done. We have so much stuff.

I worked in Ana's room trying to organize all of her clothes. I was lucky enough to receive lots of girl clothes from a friend I made at Caleb's taekwondo. Her husband is a doctor and she used to work at Gymboree, so the clothes are really nice. Lots of Gymboree, Janie and Jack and Hanna Anderson stuff. I'm sure Ana will destroy all of it. We're set for clothes until she turns three. And of course I can't throw out any of Ana's old clothes, since Charlotte can wear them. And it's such a blessing to know that we don't have to spend tons of money on clothes. But. Organizing and storing it is a lot of work.

Here's all the girl clothes after organizing into big ziplocks...



And here's the room after spending about two hours cleaning it up. Depressing, isn't it? I felt a little defeated.




On a happy note. I finished this pillowcase, which I bought the kit for when I was visiting my mom last week.



See the french seams inside? Isn't that so wonderful? It makes me feel so good to turn to the inside and not see a mess of threads.



I did also get one BIG thing out of the way. I filled out the tax forms to get our tax credit for buying the house! Yay! Just gotta wait for Shane to get back and sign it. I think we'll use some of it to upgrade the electrical system in the house and then stash the rest of it for emergencies since our monthly budget is now so tight. The light switch in Caleb's room actually gets warm when it's been on for more than about 10 minutes. Not good. So, we're pretty anxious to get it all fixed.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yeah, I really like the French seams, too.

Don't be discouraged. It's great that you're getting anything done at all. I'll be interested to hear how different it feels with just Ana instead of Ana and Caleb. I had just Anna today for a couple of hours and wow!! It was quiet!

Rebecca Facas said...

I loved it when I was pregnant and always felt that I knew Montgomery's personality before he actually arrived! I was terribly wrong though, lol. I always thought he would be very hyper (because he kicked and moved ALL the time). But now he is very laid back and calm most of the time.

Enjoy your alone time with her!

Unknown said...

Jo - I'm interested to see how things will be with Ana too. The few times I've had her without Caleb, she was actually pretty whiney. Even though she gets upset when he plays rough with her, she loves having him around. But at least I'll be able to nap or get things done when she naps!!

Becky - Yeah, Charlotte really has me guessing. Sometimes she's chill and sometimes she's really active. Ana turned out to have some similar characteristics after she was born, like how she never really slept well through the night and how she's gentler than Caleb. The only thing I remember about Caleb is that he had hiccups every day before and after he was born for months.