Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 6

I had such a lazy day. I didn't even feel like taking a nap. That's how lazy I was.

Went to church and met Tim's wife. I think she'll come out to the bible study next week. yay! And I tried not to be judgmental towards the guy who filled in for our regular pastor, who is on vacation. He's in charge of the high school ministry and I think he's just used to talking to high schoolers, at which I am totally convinced that he is truly gifted. That's what I was trying to think anyway, when he started talking about taking a shower and wiping the "eye boogies" off. It was kinda weird. But like I said, I'm trying not to judge. Jesus wouldn't, right?

After that went to Bagel Bakery and scored a bag of six 1-day-old pumpernickel bagels!

Then went home and parked myself on the Lazy Boy for most of the day. I watched movies and made this...




I cut the pieces at my mom's and then sewed it all up today. It's pretty big and it took a lot longer than I thought it would. I think I'll work on a small one next.

I made the mushroom risotto, which was pretty good. But, I'm not sure it was so good that it was worth the expense and the trouble. The lamb steak was Da Bomb though! I broiled it in the oven and of course, it started smoking and the fire alarm went off. Because I just can't cook a steak without testing the fire alarm. But, it was so perfect that it was so worth the $3.50 and the trouble. Will be getting more lamb tomorrow. Maybe I will eat a lamb steak for dinner every night until Shane gets back :)

Oh, yeah. I didn't post a picture of the lamb and risotto because they all turned out really gross looking. Sorry.

Yesterday I unpacked a box with some of my old drawings I did in high school. I used to like to draw. Here's one I did when I was 18.



I can't remember exactly what I drew this from. Probably a photo out of National Geographic.

I was thinking that it would be so great if I managed to draw some portraits of the kids. Those would definitely be worth framing and hanging. But it's been so long. It seems scary for some reason. Like I'm scared to discover that I can't draw anymore.

Well, I probably won't have time to get to it this week. But, I'll think about it.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

ROTFLOL, about church. That's hilarious.

*LOVE THE BALL* Can I have it. You love me the best right? ;) It's so cute. The fabric you picked out is perfect!

What movies did you watch?

Johanna said...

I love the ball, too! It is perfect. And lazy days are great. I would enjoy some lazy days myself! I cannot cheer on the lamb, though. Not only can I not stand the smell of lamb, I am allergic to it! I do NOT feel good when I eat some. But, I'm glad you're enjoying some when you can!

Rebecca Facas said...

Although I've never met Johanna I feel as if we are long lost friends.

I agree, the ball is adorable and makes me want to make one! I still have a lot of scraps from Monty's quilt that I've been trying to figure out what to do with.

And lamb? Blah. Not my cup of tea either, but Matt loves it. He does the same thing when I'm out of town or not home for dinner. Lamb chops are his favorite.

F.Y.I. Outback has good lamb chops, when we splurge to eat out he sometimes get those!

Joanna said...

WHAT ABOUT DAY 7??? AAAHHHHH!!!