Friday, July 30, 2010

Ummm... Did I say I wasn't going to start any new projects?

I have no self control. For one thing, my super fantastic mom had a great idea to get Shane a Lay-Z-Boy for a belated-Father's Day, birthday, 10-year anniversary, early Christmas present! Not surprisingly, he's been in a really good mood lately :)



What does my self control have to do with that? Well, I paid for half the chair with my own savings. And yet, I keep buying fabric. I just can't stop myself.

And I also started a new project. (I did get Caleb's pj pants cut out though.) There is a pattern for cloth napkins at my local quilt shop just like these. I love that it's not just a flimsy piece of material with finished edges. But the pattern is $9!! It does come with a pattern for placemats, but I'd never use it. So, I found a tutorial online and made the robot napkin.



Unfortunately, who ever wrote the tutorial doesn't do math very well and it turned out to be a 13.5" square instead of 16". But, I think it'll be a nice size for Caleb. I made another, this time with 1" border instead of the 2". The napkin turned out to be a 15.5" square.

I think I'd like the border to be a little thicker, maybe 1.5". What do you think?

Aren't these mitered corners pretty?



And I made this pillowcase a week or so ago.



It was basically the same pattern as the pink one I did for Ana, but this one has a ruffled accent piece.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Really like the robot napkin!!! Very cool!!!

Did you get the napkin tutorial off of Moda Bake Shop?