Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pattern Paper

Remember when I made a comment about using Uhaul packing paper for making pattern copies? Well, after cutting it out, I realized that it tears a lot easier than the pattern paper that I bought at G Street Fabrics. The product sticker on the roll says that it's "Alphabet Paper", but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.

So, I emailed Ruth at Sew Chic because she uses Ottobre patterns a lot and you have to make copies of those because they print about 100 patterns on the same sheet overlapping each other. Anyway, she was super nice and told me she uses Swedish Tracing paper.

This stuff looks awesome! It's much more transparent than the Alphabet paper and you can actually sew with it! The price is not so bad if you order three rolls of it, but that's a lot of paper.

I did a little more research online and found some ladies talking about some pattern paper that they got at Joann's in the interfacing section. And lucky for me, I'm going to Joann's tomorrow!

Some ladies were also talking about using interfacing, the kind you buy off the bolt. I'm thinking this might actually work well.

I'm going to try out the interfacing and Joann's pattern paper (if they have it) and I'll let you know how it goes.


Oh! And I ordered the clothing labels! I'm so excited about this! They should get to me in about 2 weeks!

No comments: