Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 28 Belly and Something Else

This is actually a week late. I'm 29 weeks today. I really can't believe I still have 11 weeks to go. This is taking forever.

Not that I'm feel particularly horrible. No nausea and I'm not feeling that fat. I'm just looking forward to having my body back. But then again, I have really been flip flopping about this a lot. Just 10 minutes ago, I was feeling Charlotte move around and really enjoying the miracle of life forming in me.

Maybe I just can't wait to have control of my emotions back.



Caleb comes back in two days! I've been avoiding talking to him because I knew I would start crying and I didn't want to upset him. But, Shane was talking to him and I thought I might be okay since I'll see him in less than 48 hours. Wrong. I cried.

Shane and I have noticed though, that I've taken the last month or so and really gotten my creative mind back. I've got lots of ideas for sewing and I've really figured out exactly why I want to be an excellent seamstress. (more on that later)

Of course, this has unfortunately fueled a fabric shopping spree that will be haunting my credit card for way too long.

And while I'm not ready to make stuff for profit, I have been thinking that it would be really fun to have tags made for the clothes that I make for the kids. I can pretend I'm like a real professional, haha! So, I've come up with my brand name, which is conveniently... my name! Marie Oliveira. That's my middle name. It's fancier than Marie Faile, don't ya think?

And I have two lines. One for girls (more specifically Ana and Charlotte) and one for boys (Caleb).

I'm going to order these tags from Custom Couture Label Co..

Since I'm broke, I'll order the girly ones first. That way I can also see if I like how they turn out.

What do you think? Cute?



And here is the boy version. I changed the ! (exclamation point) to a . (period) because you know, periods are so much tougher than exclamation points. I know, doesn't make much sense, but it's just for fun.



So, seriously. What do you think?

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Very nice!!! Love it!!! I like the distinction between the boy and girl. Very creative.

Rebecca Facas said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tags! You've inspired me to get some for the stuff that I've been making!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls! I'm glad you like it too. I just ordered some. I needed some confirmation that they looked good.

That would be fun if you got some tags for the burp cloths Becky! I saw on someone's blog that they had tags made that were really long and short, maybe 0.5" by 2". She had them on mini quilts and I thought it looked really nice. You could only get one line on there though.