Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm pooped. Moving is a lot of work. Especially when your 5 months pregnant and decide that going to a quilt show is more important. But, it sure was a fun little break! I didn't spend too much money either and only bought seven fat quarters to make some puzzle balls. I volunteered at the admissions desk and complained to my partner that I can't seem to get a quilt done because the kids are always hungry or crying or bored or something. Turns out she makes all her quilts by hand and told me I need to do the same because it's way more portable and way more relaxing. And I think she's right. So, I think I'm going to start making those puzzle balls again.

Ok, on to the house. I went by myself on Saturday morning to let the carpet cleaner in. I worked in the yard for two hours while he worked. It felt surprisingly good!

Gazebo Before:



Gazebo After:



There's still stuff on the roof because it's green moss. When I'm not growing a human, I'll climb up there and scrub it off.

See that bush on the right side of the gazebo? I was having a heck of a time getting all the debris out of it and starting thinking "Geez this thing is a mess. It's pretty ugly. Maybe I should have Shane rip it out... *sniff* hmmmm... *sniff* Rosemary!!

Is that not the biggest rosemary bush you've ever seen? I might trim it a bit to give it a shape, but I am definitely NOT getting rid of it!



So, I've mentioned there were termites in the house. There are also, of course, termites everywhere else. It's pretty bad in some places.



We'll have to replace quite a bit of wood.



See the picture above? That's pretty much what the corner of this sill looked like.



These are for you Dad! This is what you're up against. Not sure what's going on with that crack in the wood, but it doesn't look good.



And this used to be where a flower pot sat. The flower pot had to be removed because of termite damage and the guys left those two arms there sticking out about 8 inches. While our realtor and I were talking about it, Caleb came by and whacked his head against it. So the next day out realtor went there with a saw and hacked them off. He didn't tell me until after he did it. I think he thought the termite guys were going to remove them properly. But they didn't. So now we (aka Dad) will have to remove them properly.




And here's my new chair and cleaned and sitting in it's properly place.

2 comments:

Rebecca Facas said...

I love that chair by the door way in that little room!!!

Very cute!! And good luck with ALL the work!

Joanna said...

Go Dad, go!!!

That isn't the biggest rosemary bush I've seen. Mom sent me pictures from England where the rosemary bush in front of Gabe's rental was like 4 times as big. I've only seen small rosemary sprigs in real life though. How cool to have such a huge rosemary bush though! It'll smell up the yard nicely!!


That is some serious work you guys have got to do there, but it'll be fun to see how it comes along!