Friday, June 11, 2010

Got the keys! We dropped a few things off after dinner tonight and we were all so sad to leave.

But enough about the house. Seems like I don't talk about anything else nowadays.

So, we've picked a first name for the baby! Charlotte! And Caleb has nicknamed her Shark Charlotte.

He did this about a week ago. And I was thinking about it tonight and think it's really funny that he calls Ana, Ana Butterfly and Charlotte, Shark Charlotte. It's funny because it goes along with what we've been thinking for a while now about this baby.

Ana is lovely, calm, delicate and makes everyone smile with her happiness. She's a butterfly.

But Charlotte? Oh boy. She's a little firecracker already. You know when you get to be later in a pregnancy and baby feels like it's laying front to back and it feels so uncomfortable? Well, she does that to me just about every day now. And she's maybe a pound. How is it that she feels like a 6 pounder already?

I like to joke to people that Ana is the calm before and after the storm.

But don't get me wrong. I don't think Ana is better because she's easier. I love that Caleb adds so much to our lives. And I am truly excited to meet Charlotte and look forward to what ever she has in store for us :)

2 comments:

Kainoa said...

OMG...your post makes me laugh!!! So excited for you all and can't wait to meet Charlotte! I am glad you got the keys and are getting moving!!! So much happiness for you all. See you soon!

Rebecca Facas said...

I wouldn't worry to much about Charlotte (love the name by the way) being a little crazy - yet. Monty always drove me nuts and seemed to be very stubborn before his arrival. But once he got here I learned that is super laid back and just goes along with everything with a smile on his face.

Just about every time we went to the doctor and checked for his heartbeat he would continuously hit or kick wherever she put the wand thingy. He would do the same thing to my ribs!!! He always pushed against me and would never give up!

Isn't it funny how we feel that we know their personalities so well before they are even born - I miss that :-)