Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ramblings from Insomniaville

I was reading some old posts from when I was pregnant from Ana and I started to feel very sorry that I haven't been keeping things up quite so well for the past year, not only for this pregnancy, but for Ana's first year of life. I enjoy reading the posts because I have such an awful memory and I think the girls will really appreciate being able to read about what life was life when there were so young.

And so I thought it might be a good time right now to write a rambling post since it's 2:17 a.m. and I'm really not sure what else to do. It seems that the insomnia is back. Really frustrating. I wake up and have to go to the bathroom and am so tired that I really don't want to go but I figure I better just get it over with. And then I can't get back to sleep. It makes no sense.

And this little girl seems to always be awake at night... and pretty much during the day. I read a post from Ana's pregnancy about how she slept all day and was awake all night and that it didn't bode well. And it really was fortuitous since she didn't end up sleeping through the night until she was about 9 months old. But, if this one is awake during the day and the night... uh oh.

I cannot express how shocked Shane and I were that this baby is a girl. She just feels like a boy to me. She moves often and strongly and I don't know for sure how she will be when she comes out, but I know for sure that she will definitely be completely distinct from Caleb and Ana. Maybe Ana will grow up to be girly and this one will be a major tomboy. Anyway, it's fun to think about how they will all grow up into such interesting little humans.

So how's Caleb? Poor Caleb. When Shane was putting him to bed two nights ago he said this:

"I hope it's a boy. Because if it's a boy, when he's five and I'm six, I'm going to play rough with him. But, if it's a girl, I'm not going to play with her at all."

And then when I left for my appointment yesterday (I left the kids home with my mom) he told me:

"Come home with a boy. Not a girl."

And then when we told him it's a girl, he put his head down and said "Awwwwww."

Poor little guy. He just wants a boy to play with all the time. I wish we could adopt a little brother for him right now. But, I have to remind myself to be patient. God has a perfect plan and even though I can't possibly know what that is, I'm imagining that we are having another girl because there is some little boy out there that needs our help. Or who knows, maybe we need his help.

The more I get used to the idea that this is a girl, the more I love it. How perfect for Ana! And it will be so much fun to do girly things when they are older.

It won't be difficult to pick a name out, we've got lots of girl names we like. We were having a really hard time with boy names. For now, we're still stuck on Eliza and Charlotte. I think it's pretty funny that, like Georgiana, they are both from Pride & Prejudice. They are all romantic and sophisticated, I think.

I have another OB appointment next Monday. I think I've gained about 5 pounds. Oh, and btw, the baby's body parts were all measuring normal at the ultrasound.

hmmm... 2:39 a.m. and still not the least bit sleepy. It's going to be a long day.

No comments: