Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Second Appointment

So the appointment I had today was like a regular trip to the Lady's Doctor. I didn't get to see the baby or hear the baby. Pretty uneventful. I did get to confirm that I can take Unisom and that I probably shouldn't have gotten that flu shot the day after I took the pregnancy test. Kaiser recommends getting a flu shot only after the first trimester. But, I'm not going to worry about it because, as the nurse said "Oh well, you've already gotten it. Can't do anything about it now." She said I could get a sonogram early then 20 weeks if I was really worried about it, but it would only detect Downs Syndrome and she didn't think there was any link to that and the flu shot. But, I don't think that's necessary. Although, I was tempted to make a big deal about it just to get an extra sonogram :)

I'll have my appointment every month from now on until week 28. The next appointment is on December 11th. This is when we get to hear the baby's heart beat!

No comments: