Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things (from Christmas)

Some of the presents I got for Christmas that I just adore...

The Calphalon Frittata pan.  At first I thought this was one of those cool kitchen items that was too specific to spend that much money on.  But then I realized that it's actually two small pans.  And I can never have too many of those.  I haven't used it yet, but I'll be sure to post about it when I do.


Gift cards!  Yeah!  Thanks Kainoa and Derrek for the Joann's card.  This Thursday I'm heading off to Joann's to take advantage of their $3.99 Vogue pattern sale!  I've been waiting a long time for this!  And I'm even more excited that someone else will pay for it :))  

Shane gave me the card for King Arthur's Flour.  This will be a bit of delayed gratification since I have to wait until we move to California to use it.  But there are so many fun things to buy there!  I'm seriously thinking about some sourdough bread starter.


And books!  Thanks Joanna and Shane!  The Mason-Dixon book has been fun to read and the King Arthur Flour book has a recipe for Morning Glory muffins!!  Yum!!


3 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow, what an interesting pan! Calphalon, too! I really like Calphalon pans. I'm glad you like the book. I hope it turns out to be useful and not just funny and amusing until you have to give it away in a few years. ;) That happens to me a lot when I buy crafty books.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited about the pan because it's my first super duper really nice (expensive) pan. It even goes in the oven! How exciting!

I rarely get rid of my knitting books. I've gotten rid of most of my quilting and sewing books, but most of those I gave to you. I really want to get all of the Kaffe Fassett quilt books, just cause I love looking at his quilts. But I'm doubtful that I will actually make one.

KAF Customer Service said...

Glad to hear you and your family had a great holiday, and that we could be part of it. Enjoy the cookbook. The pumpkin muffins were a hit at our Christmas dinner.

Happy Baking in 2009!

MaryJane @ King Arthur Flour