Monday, December 29, 2008

Unfinished Knitting Projects

Here are some pictures of where I am currently with these projects, along with how the finished product should look...

  • Rowan Intrigue sweater (Book 36)

    What it looks like in the pattern book...


    What I have done so far...
    So, as you can see, I'm almost done!  The bad thing is that I finished knitting the sweater about 3 or 4 years ago.  I've been working on the embroidery part ever since.  I still think it's pretty, but I'm disappointed with it because it turns out that it's not as cozy and cuddly as I think it looks like in the magazine.  The wool is pretty dense and makes the sweater heavy.  And the turtleneck is tight at the bottom, despite having reknit it.  This causes the fold to ride up.  I'm thinking I should tack it down and that will help.  But I just need to get some motivation to finish it and have some faith that there is still a chance that I will love it and think it was worth all the time and money I invested in it.

  • Rowan Petersburg cardigan vest (Book 42)
What it looks like in the magazine...
This terrible picture is from the Habu website. I bought this kit because I saw a sample of it at Stitches East 3 years ago.  It's really fantastic and one of those things that you just have to see in person.  

    So far I've finished the back and started on one of the front pieces.  But, it's been so long that I've touched it I really don't know with piece it is.  This is going to be the toughest one for me to finish.  The fabric that these four yarns and the stitch pattern creates is so fantastical.  But it is also very difficult to see what you're doing and it is something that requires a lot of attention.  Also, here is a shot of part of the pattern diagram.  It's a Japanese pattern and apparently, this is how they write patterns.  When I first saw it I thought it looked like an amazingly interesting puzzle.  Quite a challenge.  But, now I think it's just a pain in the arse. Somebody really should give me a medal if I finish this by the end of the year.







  • Debbie Bliss Check and Cross Stitch Jacket (Special Knits)
Here's the original design from DB's Special Knits book...


    My mom bought the kit for me quite some time ago and I'm finally determined to finish it.  She got some great gender-neutral colors, so I'll be sure to use it for this baby.  Her swatch is also in the picture.  But she used a multi-colored yarn and I'm going to replace it with the dark rose color.  I can't help it, multi-colored yarn makes me nauseous.  I'll probably cast on to this one as soon as I finish one of the other projects listed here.



  • Blue striped child's sweater (my design)
This was supposed to be for Caleb, but it turned out to be too small.  So, I lost the motivation to finish it.  But, since I'm sick of looking at it, I've decided to go ahead and finish it even though I'm not sure who it's for.  This shouldn't take too much longer to finish since I only have one more sleeve to knit and then the piecing together and finishing.  

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yeah!!! That's so cool! I like the embroidery on the first one. It's a very pretty sweater.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I forgot to say that I'm not doing the fringe. It's not my thing. That sure was a long post huh?

Joanna said...

Long, but I liked it that way. I'm glad you're not doing the fringe: I didn't really care for that either. It looks cleaner and neater without it. Simpler is better. I think the colors you picked out for the yarn are fabulous, too.