Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simplicity 4243 - Bird Dress



This fabric might look familiar. That's because this is the left over from the Car Organizer. I really like these colors together, although I know it's a bit bright.

I really had fun making this! I learned a lot too! It was the first time that I used bias tape like this and also put in a zipper. The elastic for the diaper cover was a bit confusing because the measurement were huge! I actually shortened the waist elastic by about 2 or 3 inches. This is a size XS, which should be for a 0-3 month old. But, it looks awfully large, so I'm not sure when she will be able to wear it. I can't wait to see her in it!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Dude, it's ssssooooooooo cute! I am so proud of you! I can hardly believe how awesome it is. I mean, people pay tons of money for stuff that cute! You are a fabulous seamstress.

Kainoa said...

The dress is SO adorable!!!! You are doing an awesome job with your sewing machine. I can't wait for you all to get here and YES we will come and see the new baby as soon as she is born, tell her to come on a friday ok?! LOL. I hope everything goes smoothly and we will see you soon!