Thursday, August 20, 2009

A New Book and Project

I really haven't had much time to do crafty things lately. Which is bad in the way that I've been satisfying my crafty needs by buying stuff. Fabric, books, magazines. I bought these a few weeks ago when I was visiting my mom. I have enough to make a quilt... someday.



I got a 40% off coupon for Borders, so I had to use it. I mean, how could I NOT use it? I'd never seen this book before. There's nothing particularly original, but I liked the selection and want to make several of these things that I don't already have patterns for.



This would be a cute project to do with the kids... eventually.


Love this idea! Would be so cute in a kitchen window.


Want to make one of these for Caleb since his booster seat doesn't have anything for him to rest his head on and he always looks so uncomfortable slumped over.


Love the idea of the pocket for the scissors. Although, I'd put one of these in there instead.


And this! I am so excited about this! I saw this quilt in a Fons & Porter magazine. And now that I have a little girl, I'm just so excited to be able to make cute girlie things! Not sure if this is really practical, if she'll really ever play with it. But, it sure does make me happy to think there's a chance that she'll grow up and think I'm the coolest mom ever for making it.



I managed to finish the clothing. I ironed on the fusible fleece and was able to cut the pieces out while I nursed Georgiana.



Here's the fabric with the dolls and matching rose fabric.



I've also seem a pattern using this fabric to make a "paper" doll book. I'll have enough fabric left over to try that out too. I think that would make a great road trip toy.

**UPDATE**
Here is where I saw the the paper doll book. It's crazy expensive considering you still have to make it. Seems easy enough to create without a pattern though.

And I bought the paper doll fabric at New Line Fabrics on Etsy. She set up the custom order very quickly and shipped very quickly too. The best thing I liked about ordering from her though, is that I only paid $5 shipping for 6 yards of fabric and two patterns. What patterns, you ask...

This! and This!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That is *really* cute. Where'd you get it. Maybe I'll make it for the girls for Christmas. Wow, nice stuff Marie!!

Rebecca Facas said...

The dress-up girl blanket is adorable! You always do the cutest things!

Joanna said...

Thanks for the links. Very cute. I admire you for cutting out all those tiny little pieces of clothing. I'm going to file this one away for October...which isn't that far away. AAAHHHHHH!