Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ana Turns One!

I can hardly believe that Georgiana is ONE! What a joy she has been! Sometimes I look at her and I think that Charlotte better not be so cute or I'm going to want to have ten more kids. haha! But seriously, she really is so cute the way she smiles so easily and finds such joy in the littlest of things. It makes me think of that opening line in Gone With the Wind about how Scarlett O'Hara is not beautiful but men never notice when confronted with her charm. Except my Georgiana IS beautiful. It just makes me think of that line, because she really doesn't need to be in order to get attention.

She started taking a few steps on her own about a week before her birthday but it wasn't until her birthday that I finally got a good picture of it. And here it is two weeks later and she's practically running. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium yesterday and so many moms asked how old she was and couldn't believe how well she was walking. I think part of that is because she's so petite and looks younger than a year old. But, I really am surprised myself at how quickly she went from a few steps to walking very fast. I'm pretty sure she is going to be a runner. I don't think I'll be able to let her run ahead, knowing she'll stop and wait, like I've been able to do with Caleb since he was about two.

I can't remember when kids start saying their first words but she's still stuck on bababa, mamama, and dadada. She's got 6 teeth. I can't remember how many Caleb had at one year, but I'm sure it was more. She still manages to chew things like apples though.





I feel bad that she didn't get a proper celebration for her first birthday. It's nice that she doesn't really seem to care though.

Her birthday feel right in the middle of the week we moved. The new house was ready to move in on Sunday (June 13th) and we moved everything with the Uhaul on Friday and Saturday (June 19th and 20th). Her birthday was on the 16th. Dad came over the day before to start getting the house ready with new appliances and such so I knew I wouldn't have time to bake a cake. So I made cupcakes the day before her birthday and then put everything together on her birthday.

I was planning on having a proper birthday party for her, this weekend in fact. But, getting unpacked has proven to be much slower and difficult than I thought it would be. Maybe we'll do something when everyone gets back from S. Carolina in August.

Anyway, I hope things will be calmer next year and I can make up for the lack of grandness with a super duper second birthday party!













No comments: