Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 5

I'll start off with some pictures of the dress and sewing patterns I bought the other day.

So, here is the dress I got for Ana to take pictures in when she gets back...



Kinda Minnie Mouse-ish, no? I'm not sure about it, I hope she looks super cute in it.

And here are the two patterns...



I like that pink dress. I'm sure I'll never make it, but it'll be fun to look at every once in a while. Sometimes I like to pull all my patterns out and just look at them. Not sure why I think that's so much fun.

I got started on my sewing room. But, I didn't finish. I took it easy today.



I went to the Pacific Grove library and got a card and looked around. It's not part of the Monterey County library system. It's just a small town library. And interestingly, it has a better selection of everything I'm interested in. More than the entire library system of Monterey County! More craft books, kid's DVDs and magazines I'm interested in! I think one day this week I'll go down there and just read magazines. Another thing I won't be able to do with the kids, so I better take advantage of it.

Anyway, after the library, I went to the quilt shop, which is conveniently located across the street :) I got some sale fabric and only spent $20.

Then I went to Trader Joe's and Safeway to get food. I bought ingredients to make broiled lamb and mushroom risotto for my dinner tomorrow! Yum! I figure I better eat yummy things that the boys are crazy not to like. I was a little shocked at how expensive the ingredients for the risotto were. $7 for dried mushrooms! And I only got 1 oz, when I was supposed to get two! I really hope it comes out well and I don't end up wasting a bunch of money. But, at least the lamb steak was only $3.50.

Here's my dinner from tonight. Korean food, yum! I made the kongnamul, I think that's mung beans. It came out okay, but I need to put more salt.



And I also made some brownies with mint chocolate chips! Yum again!



Not sure how productive I will be tomorrow. I'm going to church at 9am. I almost forgot about it, but a friend from the AF, (Joanna, did you know Tim Doerr? ) will be there and I want to meet his wife since I've been trying to get her to check out the Woman's Bible Study I attend on Tuesdays. And I think she's interested in the quilt classes my church has once a month. I haven't been to one yet and it would be funner to go with someone I know.

Well, the silence is still a bit unnerving. I've been playing music quite a bit, which makes me think of Ana because she dances to anything. And oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I talked to Caleb yesterday. He said "I really miss you mommy. I just want to play with you all day for like 160 days. But I can't cause we're over here. I'm sorry. " Ohhhhhh... isn't he so cute? I told Shane I was having second thoughts about him staying longer and maybe he should come back with him and Ana next weekend. But, he really is having so much fun with his cousins that Shane thinks it would be better to let him spend time with them. *sigh*

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I knew Tim Doerr, but just barely. I doubt I would even recognize his face all these years later. But that is GREAT that you are meeting them at church!!

I think the dress is really cute. All the food you're making sounds really good. I'm jealous. But today I get to go get fried pickles with my Mom, so I'll TRY to be satisfied with that.