Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Focus Marie! Focus!

I got to sleep in until 7:15 this morning! Yay! Lately I've been waking up between 5:30 and 6:00. Ana's little noises wake me up, then I realize that I have to go to the bathroom, then I sneeze ten times in a row, then I have to blow my nose. That's when I realize there's no way I'm falling back asleep and I might as well just get up.

Then I'm so tired around the time Ana goes down for a nap. I end up taking a nap myself and don't get to take full advantage of not having to entertain a five year old boy.

So, this morning I'm so happy that I'll likely be able to function without a nap and I get to sew! The only problem with this is that I can't figure out what to work on. I have so many unfinished projects that I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Why do I do this to myself? WHY don't I just finish things??? Agh!

There is just something so fun and exciting about the process of starting, don't you think? Choosing a pattern, washing the fabric (if necessary), ironing the fabric, then cutting. I usually get a few pieces sewn together, enough to see how wonderful it'll turn out to be. You know, like three years from now when I actually finish it.

So I'm going to list all my ongoing projects on the right sidebar. I'm listing them thinking that it will help me to prioritize and get things done. I'll be able to check them off the list and that will feel really good. I pledge to not start any new projects.

I'll also make a post about each one soon. My camera is recharging right now, so I can't post pictures yet.

Does anyone want to join me?

You can find the HTML code for a progress bar here. Make sure you read the instructions for the New Blogger. You can't just add the one line of code for each bar.

And then you can go here to get HTML rgb color codes. I like this site because you can just keep hitting the "random" button until you get a color you like.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I wish I could join you but I have no projects started. Actually I have a brown skirt cut out. That's at least two years old. I took out 6 patters for skirts, robes and shirts that I'd like to make. I'd like to make some balls for Isaac. Mostly I just have stuff I'd like to make. Sigh.