Friday, June 11, 2010

So, I jumped the gun a bit on FB for those of you who read my status that we picked up the keys last night. Shane had called me at about 4pm yesterday and said we would be doing the final walkthrough and I assumed we would also get the keys. I got super excited for the first time and posted about it on FB. Then about a minute later I talked to Shane and he informed that we would not be getting the keys the until next day (which is now today!).

I was going to delete the FB status but someone had already "liked" it.

So, the final walk-through went well. I was really nervous about the termite repairs because they had to rip out whole pieces of wood and replace them. But, they did a good job, so I was very relieved. There's more to this, but I'm going to post about it later when I have pictures.

The seller was there and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that he was a really nice guy. Our realtor commented about that and said, geez his realtor made him sound awful, but maybe it's her that's got the problem. We were all under the impression that he was a big jerk and I was NOT looking forward to meeting him.

But this is how much of a jerk he WASN'T...

He said, I'm sorry I'm still moving my things out, but today was the first day I had a chance to get in because of the termite tenting. I was planning on having some cleaners come in, but since it'll be your house tomorrow, I'm not sure how you'd feel about that.

Oh my gosh!! I would totally LOVE it! So, he is going to have the house cleaning company he uses call me to set up a time to come in and clean. Hopefully, it all works out and it actually happens.

I am so relieved about this because cleaning the rental is going to be a real pain. They have a long list of specific things I need to do, like pull down every ceiling light fixture and clean them and the light bulb. Have I mentioned how much I cannot wait to be out of here?

And then I just called the carpet cleaner to confirm that he is cleaning the carpets tomorrow morning. I asked about how much it would be to clean my new fancy craigslist chair and he said he would just clean it for free! It's my lucky day!

And here's a random picture of Ana. And don't think I'm totally ignoring Caleb because I hardly ever post pictures of him. He always hides from the camera. I've taken to calling him "Grumpy" and Ana is "Happy". Seriously. It's so true. I wonder what the next one will be :)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a pleasant surprise. I can't wait for pictures!!!

Ana looks very much like you. Except she's way cuter than you are. ;)