Thursday, June 10, 2010

We signed all the paperwork yesterday for the house! A few more things need to be finalized today and then we get the keys tomorrow (Friday)! This is an exciting time, but good grief the fact that we're having to borrow so much money really adds some stress to the situation. I'm sure I'll feel better once we've settled in and I've gotten into a groove with our budget. And once we've started to live in the house and realize how much easier life is with a big yard and enough room for our things. Not to mention an oven that actually works properly :)

I still have quite a bit of packing to do. It's nearly impossible to get it done with Shane at work. I'm so glad we did much of it the other weekend. I just hope I won't get overwhelmed when we move in and I will take the time to organize thing from the start. I didn't do that moving in here and it's been very frustrating. I've always felt like this house was so disheveled.

Anyway, we went to Great America this past weekend. We met some friends and the kids played in the water the whole time. Unfortunately, Shane and I weren't thinking much before we left and neither one of us wore swim clothes. And he and I got so burnt! But, it was fun, the kids loved it! I'm looking forward to going back after Shane and kids get back from S. Carolina in August. And this time we'll get in the water too.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics! I love that one of Ana with her wet face and huge eyes :) You got the cutest kids. :)

I am happy for you about the house! It is rough taking on a mortgage payment, but usually worth it in the end :D

Rebecca Facas said...

I'm excited for you about the house! Just remember to take your time and unpack the right way!! We moved right before I had Monty and I rushed the unpacking, and/or didn't unpack everything. Now I'm having to go back and try to find things - it's such a mess!

Looks like they had fun at the water park! The picture of Ana is super cute - she is adorable!