Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 21 Appointment

I had to see a nurse practitioner for this appointment because my doctor was unavailable at the last minute. I really didn't want to reschedule for later in the week since we are closing on the house and I like to concentrate on the fewest number of things going on.

The appointment was pretty uneventful. But, I did weigh in at 7 pounds more than four weeks ago! So, I feel better about my weight. She went over the 20-week ultrasound that I had done at the hospital. The baby is measuring perfectly. Yay! Then she tried to hear the heartbeat, but gave up after a long while. She's just too active, moving and kicking and never staying in one good spot long enough. But, we did hear the kicks and her blood pumping in a vessel, so she's definitely doing okay.

Unfortunately, the hospital didn't send them the pictures from the ultrasound. I was hoping they could give me copies of the many pictures that didn't get copied on to the CD. I'm really bummed about that. So, I'm thinking about maybe stopping at the hospital to see if they can try to burn me another CD.

And it's my birthday! It's funny how unexciting birthdays are now. I think the last time I was actually excited about a birthday was when I turned 21. And that was a while ago. Not that I don't like getting older. I actually do. I long for the day I actually feel like a genuine adult. And maybe even one day I'll feel wise. That would be great.

I haven't decided where I want to go out for dinner. I'm thinking Olive Garden because their Portobello Raviolis sound so good! And I was thinking about making me a birthday pumpkin pie, haha. Because I'm trying to get rid of food before we move... and it sounds good.

I'll probably take the kids out to the aquarium and maybe do some shopping at Goodwill. Because, the best way to ensure a good day with the kids is to stay out of the house. Or maybe I'll go to Beverly's and buy myself a yard of fabric. That sounds fun :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Ravioli de Portobello is my FAVORITE!!!!

Glad to hear your appointment went well! :D